• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to after header navigation
  • Skip to site footer
MyZA

MyZA

News, Directory, Events and Other Stuff

  • Social Media
  • Sport
  • World News
  • Home
  • Submit News
  • Directory
  • Events
  • Stratlec
  • TFSA
  • News
    • APO
    • Today’s Sport News
    • Todays Social Media and Tech Headlines
    • Today’s World News
    • Today’s SA Financial News
  • Contact
You are here: Home / News / Sport / Wales Boss Lynn Underlines Key Steps After RWC 2025

Wales Boss Lynn Underlines Key Steps After RWC 2025

10 September 2025 by Guest

Wales Head coach Sean Lynn has underlined the next steps for his squad after the early exit from the Women’s Rugby World Cup 2025.

Lynn, who has only been in charge of Wales for six months, is already planning to have a performance review with players and staff after England 2025.

The former Gloucester/Hartpury coach won three successive titles in England before he took the helm of his country.
He has already identified the key next steps with the cross-border Celtic Challenge tournament between two sides from Wales, Ireland and Scotland at the forefront.

Welsh Rugby Union contracted players who have registered with English clubs and who are not playing will have the opportunity to play regular rugby in Wales.

“We are in a tough place, there is no getting away from that,” said Lynn.

“All of us are part of the Welsh rugby family and all of the players, coaches and staff are proud Welsh people.

“We will have a robust review of the tournament, the tour of Australia and pinpoint what we need to get right as we head
into the 2026 W6N campaign.

“We did record a first win against the Wallaroos on Australian soil in the summer and showed we have the talent to win Test matches.

“Fiji was arguably the game of the World Cup so far and we scored five tries, had one disallowed and created enough opportunities to win that game. So, we can see we have developed from the 2025 W6N campaign.”

Lynn blooded a host of young Welsh talent in Australia and in RWC 2025, with scrum half Seren Lockwood, backrower Branwen Metcalfe, lock Tilly Vucaj, who are all still teenagers, making their debuts for their country.

With another batch of the young guns to have experienced the Test match rugby environment, including the likes of lock Alaw Prys, 19, prop Maisie Davies, 20, hooker Molly Reardon, 21, full back Nel Metcalfe, 20, and backrower Bryonie King, 22, all playing at the World Cup.

All of those players have played Celtic Challenge rugby for Thunder or Lightning. Lynn believes the league holds the key to developing players and growing the strength in depth in his squad.

“The Celtic Challenge is key for us, and we have to be strategic about how Brython Thunder and Gwalia Lightning provides game-time for our players, “said Lynn.

“We need players to be regular playing rugby and not just training, so that means if they do not play for an English club, we want them to play in the Celtic Challenge.

“There is no substitute for playing regular games at the highest level possible and that will mean we will have players battle hardened and ready for the Six Nations.

“It will also put them in a better position to claim a place in the starting line-up for the Six Nations.

“Players who are not playing regular rugby in the PWR will be expected to play and train with one of the Celtic Challenge sides.

“We will hold regular coaching and S&C sessions at the NCE so we can monitor where players are and what support and guidance they need.

“One area we do intend to tackle is to increase the training load on WRU contracted players to mirror that of PWR clubs.

“We intend to be much more hands on with the Celtic Challenge and to be part of the strategy heading into the next Test match window.”

Wales face all the ‘Blues’ in the 2026 W6N campaign, kicking off against Scotland at the Principality Stadium, on Saturday, April 11, followed by France at Cardiff Arms Park on Saturday, April 18th and finishing off with Italy at Cardiff Arms Park on Sunday, May 17.

Share this:

  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
  • Share on Tumblr (Opens in new window) Tumblr
  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Share on Mastodon (Opens in new window) Mastodon
Category: SportTag: Rugby

If you feel strongly about this article then feel free to send MyZA a ‘Letter to the Editor’ using the submission form below:


Letter to the Editor

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
If this is in response to an article please include that article title here or as the lead in for the first paragraph of your Letter below.

Separate tags with commas

Localise your letter by naming the city your words are about. Add relevant words describing your subject. Single comma separated words of no more than 5
Your Name(Required)
Your Name will be linked to the website below.
Your personal, business or social media web site
Choose NO to not set up a user account on MyZA. User Accounts will allow you to submit letters under your own Author Name

3 Latest Letters to the Editor:

  • Fun South African fact

    Dear Editor Fun South African fact: towns like Franschhoek and Stellenbosch are home to world-class wine farms set in stunning, scenic surroundings. Regards Aressa Smith In Response to/From: Luxury Properties Seized in New Lottery Crackdown

    27 January 2026
  • Condolences on the Passing of Lusanda Dumke

    Statement by Leander Kruger MPL – DA Buffalo City Constituency Leader: The Democratic Alliance in Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality mourns the passing of Springbok Women’s rugby player and Mdantsane trailblazer, Lusanda Dumke, who lost her battle with cancer at the age of 28. South Africa has lost an exceptional athlete, a leader, and a source…

    17 December 2025
  • Rape Kits Delivered, But…

    Statement by Nicholas Gotsell MP – DA NCOP Member on Security & Justice: The DA can confirm that 2 840 rape kits arrived in Cape Town on Monday, following sustained DA oversight and pressure after multiple police stations across the Western Cape were found to be without this critical forensic evidence tool. While this delivery…

    17 December 2025

About Guest

Previous Post:Police Fire Rubber Bullets, Stun Grenades and Tear Gas at Joburg Water Protest
Next Post:Arrest Major General Philani Lushaba

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Thrasher

    10 September 2025 at 7:18 pm

    Saddle Tournament Takes Place Once in Four Years: Like the cricket World Cup, the Saddle Seat World Cup is also hosted by the nation once every four years. Saddle Seat players from all over the world can participate in this tournament and enjoy the thrill of the game!

  2. Nessie

    10 September 2025 at 7:18 pm

    The first Test cricket captains for the English team were James Lillywhite and David Gregory. Of the two, Lillywhite was the first to play. He died in 1929, becoming the last player of the very first Test match to pass away.

Copyright © 2026 · MyZA · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Reach Trust