• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to after header navigation
  • Skip to site footer
MyZA

MyZA

News, Directory, Events and Other Stuff

  • Social Media
  • Sport
  • World News
  • Home
  • Submit News
  • Directory
  • Events
  • Stratlec
  • TFSA
  • News
    • APO
    • Today’s Sport News
    • Todays Social Media and Tech Headlines
    • Today’s World News
    • Today’s SA Financial News
  • Contact
You are here: Home / News / Sport / Wales U20  Side to Tackle Italy at Rodney Parade

Wales U20  Side to Tackle Italy at Rodney Parade

13 March 2026 by Guest

Wales head coach Richard Whiffin has named a side for Sunday’s Italy clash at Rodney Parade with two changes from the starting team which lost to Ireland in round four of the U20 Six Nations.

Lewis Edwards has recovered from a lengthy injury lay-off to replace Rhys Cummings at full-back while Scarlets back row Dom Kossuth, who impressed as a replacement against the Irish, comes in for Dragons No 8 Evan Minto who suffered a knock at Virgin Media Park.

 

“Evan Minto took a bang on his shoulder, and I thought Dom Kossuth was outstanding coming off the bench so he comes in for his first start of the tournament and Lewis Edwards has battled back from injury pre-Christmas and he has been training well over the last couple of weeks, so he gets an opportunity,” said Whiffin.

 

Wales are looking to finish their campaign on a winning note to secure a second victory in this year’s championship, while Italy arrive seeking their first scalp so Wales are fully aware of the threat they pose.

 

“They contest every single breakdown and it is certainly something we need to fix from the Ireland game,” admitted Whiffin.

 

“We’ve reviewed how we can be better in that area and challenge there. They also have a strong pack and have a couple of key guys in the backline so they pose plenty of threats that we have to negate at the weekend.”

 

In last year’s championship, Wales were roared on to victory against Ireland in atrocious conditions by a vociferous Rodney Parade crowd and Whiffin is hoping for a similar response on Sunday.

 

“It was a fantastic occasion last year and it’s great we get to go back there – hopefully all the Gwent supporters will be out in force looking to back the boys and hopefully we can give them something to cheer about,” he said.

 

Wales U20 v Italy U20, Rodney Parade, Sunday 15 March, KO 1pm
15 Lewis Edwards (Ospreys)
14 Dylan Scott (Cardiff Met)
13 Osian Darwin-Lewis (Cardiff Rugby)
12 Steffan Emanuel (Cardiff Rugby – co-capt)
11 Tom Bowen (Cardiff Rugby)
10 Lloyd Lucas (Cardiff Rugby)
9 Siôn Davies (Cardiff Rugby);
1 George Tuckley (Dragons RFC)
2 Tom Howe (Cardiff Rugby)
3 Jac Pritchard (Scarlets)
4 Luke Evans (Exeter Chiefs)
5 Osian Williams (Bristol Bears)
6 Deian Gwynne (Gloucester – co-capt)
7 Caio James (Gloucester)
8 Dom Kossuth (Scarlets)n

 

Replacements
16 Oscar Thomas (Bath Rugby)
17 Dylan James (Ospreys)
18 Isaac Godfrey (Exeter Chiefs)
19 Oscar Rees (Gloucester)
20 Osian Williams (Scarlets)
21 Alex Ridgway (Bath Rugby)
22 Carter Pritchard (Dragons RFC)
23 Steff Jac Jones (Scarlets)

 

2026 U20 Six Nations – Wales fixtures and venues
  • Fri 6 Feb, 19:45 – England 19-16 Wales, Franklin’s Gardens, Northampton
  • Sat 14 Feb, 20:00 – Wales 24-34 France, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff
  • Fri 20 Feb, 19:15 – Wales 31-21 Scotland, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff
  • Sat 7 Mar, 19:45 – Ireland 48-33 Wales, Virgin Media Park, Cork
  • Sun 15 Mar, 13:00 – Wales v Italy, Rodney Parade, Newport

Share this:

  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Print (Opens in new window) Print
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
  • Share on Tumblr (Opens in new window) Tumblr
  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Share on Mastodon (Opens in new window) Mastodon
Category: SportTag: Rugby

If you feel strongly about this article then feel free to send MyZA a ‘Letter to the Editor’ using the submission form below:


Letter to the Editor

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
If this is in response to an article please include that article title here or as the lead in for the first paragraph of your Letter below.

Separate tags with commas

Localise your letter by naming the city your words are about. Add relevant words describing your subject. Single comma separated words of no more than 5
Your Name(Required)
Your Name will be linked to the website below.
Your personal, business or social media web site
Choose NO to not set up a user account on MyZA. User Accounts will allow you to submit letters under your own Author Name

3 Latest Letters to the Editor:

  • Fun South African fact

    Dear Editor Fun South African fact: towns like Franschhoek and Stellenbosch are home to world-class wine farms set in stunning, scenic surroundings. Regards Aressa Smith In Response to/From: Luxury Properties Seized in New Lottery Crackdown

    27 January 2026
  • Condolences on the Passing of Lusanda Dumke

    Statement by Leander Kruger MPL – DA Buffalo City Constituency Leader: The Democratic Alliance in Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality mourns the passing of Springbok Women’s rugby player and Mdantsane trailblazer, Lusanda Dumke, who lost her battle with cancer at the age of 28. South Africa has lost an exceptional athlete, a leader, and a source…

    17 December 2025
  • Rape Kits Delivered, But…

    Statement by Nicholas Gotsell MP – DA NCOP Member on Security & Justice: The DA can confirm that 2 840 rape kits arrived in Cape Town on Monday, following sustained DA oversight and pressure after multiple police stations across the Western Cape were found to be without this critical forensic evidence tool. While this delivery…

    17 December 2025

About Guest

Previous Post:WRU Establishes EDI
Next Post:Bed King Publishes Practical Bed-Sizing Guide for First-Time Apartment Renters

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Pixie Taze

    15 March 2026 at 6:08 am

    Among Australian players and fans, the score considered unlucky is 87. They call it the Devil’s number because 87 deducted from 100 is 13.

  2. Troublemasher

    14 March 2026 at 8:45 am

    Although there are 31 countries that play cricket in the international stage, only 12 have qualified for Test status. The first countries to acquire this status are England and Australia (1877) and the latest is Afghanistan (2018).

Copyright © 2026 · MyZA · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Reach Trust